Episode 44: Your Wedding Budget, Phase 2
Episode 44 of The Bouquet Toss is all about allocating your wedding budget across the different areas of your wedding. Subscribe to The Bouquet Toss Podcast via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast app!
Listen to Episode #44: The Wedding Budget, Phase 2
Step 2: The Wedding Budget, Phase 2
As a follow-up to last week’s episode, this week we are discussing how to allocate your total budget once you figure out how much is feasible for you and your partner to spend.
We’ve covered all that’s involved in coming up with that number, with frameworks like the 50/30/20 rule and other tips for calculating your potential spend, but once you have a total, how do you divide it across categories?
Of course, your personal budget and the portion you spend on each aspect of your wedding will vary depending on your priorities, but we are giving you some ballpark numbers to start with.
Wedding Watch: Iconic Wedding Scenes from Our Favorite TV Shows & Movies
The Wedding Watch clip this week is from How I Met Your Mother! Learn how we would rate Marshall and Lily’s wedding on the Savvy Scale, and why we love it so much!
Watch it with us via our Wedding Watch Youtube Playlist.
Listen to The Bouquet Toss Podcast!
Don’t forget to rate, review, & subscribe via your favorite podcast app!
About The Bouquet Toss Podcast
The Bouquet Toss is a wedding planning podcast that empowers couples to plan a meaningful, authentic, and affordable wedding celebration! On the show, we will have candid conversations all about weddings and why we do them the way we do so that couples can plan their weddings based on their own values, and not on the expectations of others.
In our Budget-Savvy Wedding Planning Community, we see the same questions asked over and over again. So many couples seem to be seeking permission to plan their weddings on their own terms, and we’re here to say go for it! We believe you should have your day, your way and our goal is to help empower you to plan a wedding celebration that actually feels authentic to you.
In case you missed it, check out our other episodes:
- Episode 29: Disrupting the Expensive Bridesmaid Dress Tradition
- Episode 30: Disrupting the Traditional Wedding Registry
- Episode 31: Even Celebrities Are Disrupting Traditional Weddings
- Episode 32: Disrupting Printed Wedding Invitations By Going Digital
- Episode 33: Ending Child Marriage
- Episode 34: Disrupting Expensive Wedding Decor with DIY
- Episode 35: Disrupting the Tradition of Buying Your Wedding Dress and Keeping It Forever
- Episode 36: Disrupting the Stressed-Out Bride Archetype
- Episode 37: Disrupting Bridal Shower & Bachelorette Party Traditions
- Episode 38: Disrupting The “Best Day of Your Life” Trope
- Episode 39: Disrupting The Exclusion of Disabled Couples by the Wedding Industry
- Episode 40: Disrupting The Stigma of Couples Therapy
- Episode 41: COVID Wedding Planning